Port Elliot Local Services
Port Elliot ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Port Elliot site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Port Elliot Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Port Elliot When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Port Elliot Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Port Elliot Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Port Elliot ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Port Elliot and a Place to Meet
The portelliot.sa.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Port Elliot
Here are some interesting facts about Port Elliot in South Australia:
- Port Elliot was founded in 1851 and was named after Sir Charles Elliot, the Governor of Bermuda at the time.
- The town is located on the coast of the Fleurieu Peninsula, about an hour's drive from Adelaide.
- The Port Elliot railway station was built in 1864 as part of the line that connected Adelaide to Victor Harbor. The station is now a museum and is listed on the South Australian Heritage Register.
- The town is known for its historic architecture, including the Port Elliot Hotel (built in 1864) and the St. Jude's Anglican Church (built in 1859).
- Horseshoe Bay, located in Port Elliot, is a popular swimming beach with crystal-clear water and white sand.
- The Cockle Train, a heritage railway that runs between Goolwa and Victor Harbor, stops in Port Elliot. The train is hauled by a steam locomotive and offers scenic views of the coast and countryside.
- The town is home to the Port Elliot Show, an agricultural show that has been held annually since 1886. The show includes livestock exhibitions, carnival rides, and other attractions.
- The Encounter Bikeway, a 31 km cycle path that runs from Goolwa to Victor Harbor, passes through Port Elliot. The bikeway offers stunning views of the coast and is a popular spot for cycling enthusiasts.
- The Port Elliot caravan park, located on the beachfront, was voted the best caravan park in South Australia in 2020 by the Caravan Industry Association of Australia.
- The town is also a popular spot for whale watching during the winter months, as Southern Right Whales migrate to the area to mate and give birth.
Overall, Port Elliot is a charming coastal town with a rich history and plenty of attractions for visitors to enjoy.